Our client is looking for an OT Network Security Engineer to sit onsite in the Bay Area or Sacramento for a 6-24 month contract. This position will be focused on managing the OT Network.
This position will engage with project teams, and collaborate with other parts of the Cybersecurity group, Information Technology partners, and experts in the lines of business to identify operational impacts, understand and create strategies to better protect technology assets, and deploy technologies and processes to put those strategies into action. This position will be hands-on evaluating security controls, analyzing technology, assisting with the development, design, and implementation of security architectures, project security support. This position will organize information in a meaningful way to reach decisions including mapping networks, use cases, and data flows. This position needs to understand solution blueprints, develop security diagrams, and identify alternative approaches to solution.
- The OT Network Security Engineer has a strong Networking Background and familiarity with network devices in use in both OT and IT settings. These include, but are not limited to: routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls (Palo Alto/ASA), DHCP, and DNS, with an understanding of the complexities of these devices within the OT environment.
- The OT Network Security Engineer serves as an advocate for Secure OT Networking, and interfaces directly with the IT Networking Team to incorporate the unique properties of OT systems into Secure Network Design discussions and decision making vehicles.
- This role also has a firm understanding of how OT systems are affected by the use of off-premise or cloud-based networking solutions, and has a strong knowledge of OT networks, segmentation, and data center security.
- The individual is also familiar with the networking of "Lower Level" systems, such as motors, gears, scanners, PLC's, HMI's, etc., and the communication/availability requirements necessary to perform their functions. This role will also understand how to conduct packet analysis, define OT zones and conduits, and understand the implications of power, space, and bandwidth on solution delivery.
- Ability to communicate and convey complex IT/OT technical security related concepts to business and technology teams
- Utility industry and/or operational technology experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled