Our client is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer in the Greater Seattle Area for a 2 year contract! Travel is required within the state of Washington.
- Works directly with customers, vendors, and Strategic Partners to identify, troubleshoot, resolve data networking related issues and/or design network solutions.
- Monitor LAN/WAN connectivity to ensure that all users have the required LAN/WAN connections.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN connectivity issues as they arise in and Ethernet and Token Ring environment.
- Maintain data integrity through daily backup of all file server information. Ensure that an effective tape rotation is maintained.
- Troubleshoot hardware problems. Provide timely and accurate progress status on all ongoing support issues, with an emphasis on problems, issues, and concerns.
- Monitor telecommunications performance and make configuration changes to hubs, routers, switches, etc., as necessary to ensure that maximum network performance is maintained.
Technical Experience required:
- 6500, 4500, stack switches
- 3750, 3650, 3850, 6500 Chassis
- Protocols: OSPF
- Working knowledge of newer equipment: 9300, 9410, ISR 4150 routers
- Term servers, 4221 model, knowledge of wireless, WiiLAN, 3504, 5520, 3802 access points
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP and firewalls
- Knowledge of NetScout and basic connectivity
- Understanding of port channels
- Spanning tree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled